Sunday, June 07, 2009

Finally a blog update

It has been quite a while since I've posted to the blog so thought I'd let those still looking that I'm still training and getting ready for Ironman in Coeur d'Alene on June 21. Just finished my last long bike ride yesterday, 111 miles. I was really thinking about riding around the block to get to the 112 but one of my legs was cramping so bad that I had to one leg pedal downhill while I rested/stretched the cramping leg.

I haven't posted to the blog because I find it much easier to post a small blurb on Facebook or Twitter. feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook or follow me on Twitter

The Ironman is a 2.4 mile swim followed by 112 miles on the bike finishing with a 26.2 mile run (marathon). Sunday, June 21 will be my second Ironman triathlon and you can watch me live online on Ironman.com. You can also look up my name and results as I cross timing matts out on course.

Best times to watch will be from 6:45 am to about 7:15 am when the cannon goes off and all 2600 athletes jump into the lake at the same time. A mass start with this many triathletes is very exciting. They have the live video all day, but winners will finish around 3-4 pm and I hope to finish before nightfall (lucky for me it is the longest day of the year).

Also, very inspiring to watch the later times as athletes will continue to cross the line up until the midnight cutoff, some of these competitors are in their 70's and 80's and finishing up a 17 hour day of exercise. I hope to be competing (or at least participating) when I'm in my 70's and 80's...

No comments: